Sunday 4 December 2011

Prawn Ghee Roast (Prawn roasted in Clarified Butter)

 

This is one dish I crave for all the time. I had this in Bangalore Coast to coast resturant for the first time and after which I have been trying to master this recipe and finally I did it:) This is a really rich food and goes well with Rice, Bread, Roti and even just as starter (if you make it a lill dry). Its finger licking good I bet.

Ingredients
20 medium size prawns ( half to 3/4 th kg)
10 to 15 roasted Long Red Chilly (Byadgi) remove the seeds& boil the red chilis and wash it well to remove the spice.
1/4 tsp tamarind paste
1 tsp Coriander powder
1/4 tsp Cumin Powder
1 Tspn Garlic & 1 Tspn Ginger
Half onion (if required)

Method:
Grind all the above ingredients to a smooth paste. In a kadai fry this masala with 50 gms pure ghee. Once the fat seperates add the cleaned prawns and cook for 7 to 8 mins. Add 1/4 spoon sugar & salt as per taste. Once done pour one tsp of coconut oil over. Yummy dish ready to eat:)

Tip: if u want more gravy add more onions. If u want it dry don't add onions:). U can make chicken, paneer, fish also.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Stopping by and leaving a lovely comment...Your comments means a lot to me and; it defenitley does motivate me to do more. Happy to have you in my space &; hope to see you again soon.

Sheela:)