Tuesday 24 January 2012

Fish Cutlet


Fish Cutlet is made almost in every house in Kerala. This dish is very common in Kerala. I have made this dish not exactly the way they make in kerala but with some twist.

Here is the recipe:
Step1:
1 Big cup shredded Boneless cooked Fish (half kilo) I used Sear Fish
1 Medium Potato boiled and mashed (Drain the water completely & then mash it)
1 Chopped green chili
2 tbspn chopped coriander leaves
1/4 tspn turmeric powder
1/4 tspn cumin powder
1/4 tspn Elachi powder
1/4 tspn Garam masala
1 small onion finely chopped
Step2:
2 beaten egg white
1/2 cup of bread crumbs

Now in a mixing bowl mix all the Step1 above ingredients. If the mix becomes too loose try and add bread slices as a binder. Now shape it the way you want. I shaped it round as its easy. Now dip the cutlet in the egg dust it on the bread crumbs & shallow fry it for about 5 mins till its browned well. Some deep fry this but I prefer to shallow fry.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Stopping by and leaving a lovely comment...Your comments means a lot to me and; it defenitley does motivate me to do more. Happy to have you in my space &; hope to see you again soon.

Sheela:)