Tuesday 17 July 2012

Chocolate Cake


I Love chocolate cakes & I have been making them from a really long time. This time I tried a very new recipe & I must say, this was very good. The baking time is a little longer than the normal cakes that I make. The cake is very  moist & flavourful. Its a rich Double Chocolate cake. I call it double chocolate because I have used Coco powder & Melted Chocolate chips. Its a melt in your mouth kind of cakes. After having Zion, I have made so many friends in the condo. I take him along with my maid for his evening walks & play. I meet many of his friends & their moms. Its a good social time for me, as I get to interact with other moms while my little one is busy playing. I decided to get my cake tasted by my friends & they all loved it. The kids especially came back to me asking for more. Unfortunately I was left with none:( Well, I know now the next time I make. I need to carry more:). Here is the recipe

Ingredients:
1.2 Cup All Purpose Flour
1.2 Cup powdered Sugar
3 Tbsp Coco Powder
1 Tsp Instant Coffee
1 cup Melted semi Sweet chocolate chips
125 gms of salted Butter
1 cup hot water
1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
2 Eggs
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tbsp Baking Powder

Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 180 deg C
  2. Grease a 6 inch cake tin.
  3. Mix flour, cocoa powder, Instant coffee powder, baking powder & baking soda in a bowl.
  4. Beat the Butter, sugar, Vanilla essence for 5 minutes with a electric mixer. Now add eggs one at a time & beat them for another 2 minutes.
  5. Now Mix into that our flour mixture, melted chocolate, hot water together until smooth, using an electric mixer at slow speed for about 2 to 3 minutes. (Add more water if required)
  6. Transfer to bake tin and bake at 150 degrees c until a wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean, approximately 60 to 70 minutes.
  7. After the cake has cooled, slice the cake & enjoy
Note:
  • I melted the chocolate chips in the micro wave
  • Use eggs at room temperature.
  • If you like the coffee taste, then you can add more spoons

2 comments:

Thanks for Stopping by and leaving a lovely comment...Your comments means a lot to me and; it defenitley does motivate me to do more. Happy to have you in my space &; hope to see you again soon.

Sheela:)