Wednesday 8 August 2012

Banana Cake with Blueberry Sauce



Most of the cakes that I bake have a similar recipes with just a little bit of tweaks. Banana cake is my all time favourite & I make them more often. I love the fresh fruit flavour in the cake & just go on having one slice after the other. I had some friends visiting us on Sunday evening. The menu fo rthe high tea was Banana cake with Blueberry sauce, Oreo Cheese Cake, Spicy Onion Pakoras with Sauce cream Dip, Devilled eggs with cream cheese filling. The spread was really interesting & my friends really enjoyed it. Well the devilled eggs were a little salty though;). Now let me come back to the recipe & tell you how simple this cake is to make. Good part is you dont need a handblender, just mis with a spoon & you just cant go wrong baking this.

Ingredients:
100 gms butter (Salted)
1.5 Cups All purpose Flour
1.2 cups Sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 riped large Bananas mashed
2 eggs
1.5 Tspn Baking powder
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
¼ cup milk (only if required)

Method: Cream the butter, sugar, eggs with a whisk or spoon for few minutes untill smooth. Now add in the mashed Bananas, vanilla essence, flour, baking powder, soda & milk. Make a slow drop consistancy batter. Place the batter in a greased baking Pan & bake it for 45 mins in preheated oven at 175 degree.

For the Sauce.

I used fresh Blueberries. In a Pan add in a cup of blueberries, 1/2 cup water, 2 Tbsp sugar. Cook this for a about 5-8 mins till it thickens. Now add in 1 tspn of Vanilla essence. Once this sauce is cooled. Add this sauce to 1 cup of beaten saur cream. Tadaaa... blueberyy sauce is ready:)Banana cake goes very well with this sauce. This is a must try recipe. Hope you will enjoy.

Note:
  • I put the bananas in the mixer & made a puree to add in.
  • I always powder my sugar whole making a cake
  • slow drop consistancy means. when you drop the batter with a spoon it should fall slowly.
  • If can add any essence
  • Never ever open the oven in between to check the cake status. If you want to do so, so it only after 45 mins. Every oven is different & if you have been baking for sometime than I am sure you will know your oven better.
  • This is just a Basic Banana cake. You can also add in chocolate chips, walnuts, etc to make it grand

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Stopping by and leaving a lovely comment...Your comments means a lot to me and; it defenitley does motivate me to do more. Happy to have you in my space &; hope to see you again soon.

Sheela:)