Tuesday 4 September 2012

Special Veg Shammi Kebabs


I had invited one of my friends family  home for dinner last night. Since they are vegetarians I planned for a full course vegetarian dinner menu. For appetiser I made veg Shammi Kebabs, main course was veg biriyani with Paneer Butter Masala, Boondi Raitha & dessert was Tiramisu. They really enjoyed the food at my place & my friends mom wanted the recipe for all the dishes that I made:) Well I will be sharing my Shammi Kebab recipe here. I used all the vegetables that I had in my fridge for this dish. when cooking I really don't follow one particular recipe. I try to customise it & add in ingredients that are readily available in my kitchen pantry. I thought of jotting down this recipe today itself before i forget:) That's what happens most of the time.... I make something & I forget how I made it hehehe:)This is how I made them

Ingredients

3 medium size Potatoes boiled & mashed
1 cup green Peas boiled(I used frozen) & mashed
1 cup Paneer (Mashed)
1 cup fresh sweet corn boiled & mashed
1 Tbsp Ginger garlic paste
1 Onion chopped
Handful of Coriander leaves chopped
1 Tsp Cumin seeds
1 Tsp Cardamon Powder
1 Tbsp Chili Powder
1/4  tsp Cumin powder
1/2 Tsp Garam Masala (Everest)
1/2 Tsp Kasoori Methi
1/4 Tsp Ajwain Powder
1/4 Tsp Black Pepper Powder
2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
Corn flour for coating
Salt as per taste
Oil for deep frying

Method:

In a bowl add all the above ingredients except oil, cornflour & mix well. Make small dumplings or any shape you want with this mixture. Place the corn flour on a flat plate & just roll the kebabs on top of cornflour to coat it.  Now fry this kebab in hot oil for 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown. Once done insert skewers & decorate it the way you want.
You can make around 20 kebabs & serves 10 people.


Note:
  • You need to make sure that the water is completely drained from the boiled vegetables before you mash them
  • If your mixture becomes a little watery, try & add some chickpeas flour (Channa)
  • Wet you hands before making dumplings to avoid them from sticking to your hands. You could use oil too....
  • You could also use breadcrumbs instead of cornflour
  • I made them in the evening & reheated them in the baking oven at night before serving.



1 comment:

Thanks for Stopping by and leaving a lovely comment...Your comments means a lot to me and; it defenitley does motivate me to do more. Happy to have you in my space &; hope to see you again soon.

Sheela:)